Position: Account Manager
Reports to: VP, Sales
Location: Vancouver, BC
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS, Azure, Google) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally. Carbon60 recently announced the acquisition of OpsGuru (www.opsguru.io) which cements Carbon60’s cloud leadership position in the Canadian market.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the fifth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring a Account Manager based in Vancouver, BC. The Account Manager will be responsible for managing our customer base of accounts working closely with our customer service and delivery teams. This is a critical role in our company and requires an energetic, customer centric and sales focused account manager to manage renewals and sell additional solutions to our customers.
The objectives of this important role are to ensure every customer renews, and grow the revenue base of this portfolio of customers by selling additional products and services.
“Carbon60 is a part of our team and an essential, trusted partner. Carbon60 is invested in our success, demonstrated in every assignment and project – big or small. Each interaction is handled with care, knowledge, efficiency and outstanding communication skills.” – Carbon60 Customer
To be successful you will:
- Relationship Builder: Ability to expand and grow network within a customer. Finds ways to reach out and expand relationships.
- Technology Literate: Understand the components of IT infrastructure including compute, storage, firewalls, back up, DR and managed services
- Public Cloud: good understanding of public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and their offerings
- Detailed: ability to project manage renewals and create detailed proposals for customers
- Customer Centric: Carbon60’s differentiator is exceptional customer service. A must is someone who is responsive and goes the extra mile working for our customers to solve their problems.
- Sales Focused: The ability to identify, position and sell additional products and services to their customers.
- Business Savvy: Understand ROI, business cases, change management and be able to craft professional written responses for prospective customer requests for quotes, proposals, complex bids.
- Be accountable for consistently delivering quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Evangelize the Carbon60 message to your targets/partners and bring feedback to evolve strategy and services.
To be an ideal candidate you bring:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role selling strategic solutions related to cloud and/or managed hosting, managed security, cloud professional services and/or outsourced IT
- A demonstrated track record selling selling technology solutions directly to medium size organizations in Canada (not through a channel partner).
- Previous experience managing customer renewals and upselling to customer base
- Disciplined sales approach to manage accounts. Highly organized, ability to multi-task.
- A high degree of business acumen and integrity
- Ability to forge trusted relationships through strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, listening and negotiation skills.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, with a roll up your sleeves, get it done attitude.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Energy and enthusiasm that engages people around you.
What’s in it for YOU:
- An opportunity to grow with a reputable organization that is on track for hyper growth.
- Work with a knowledgeable, supportive, and empowering team of true cloud experts.
- Flexibility: at Carbon60, we strive to foster a workplace culture where the employee/employer relationship is mutually beneficial. You scratch our back, we scratch yours.
- Competitive compensation including generous employee benefits plus a health spending account, RRSP with company matching.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position