Position: Cyber Security Lead
Reports to: Chief Information Security Officer
Location: Preferably Toronto, ON (but will consider applicants from elsewhere in Canada)
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS and Azure) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the fifth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring an Cyber Security Lead. As a Cyber Security Lead you are a flexible, results-oriented, and self-motivated specialist to proactively manage security activities to reduce the likelihood and impact of security incidents for Carbon60’s customers and internal systems. As a Cyber Security Lead, you will provide security monitoring, threat analysis, security configuration guidance and device hardening, as well as incident investigation and response. You thrive in a fast-paced, 24 by 7 environment where you can learn, grow and build your security career in the exciting cloud and managed services industry.
- Detect, document and communicate security incidents, vulnerabilities to internal teams and customers.
- Setup ongoing management and review of internal and external vulnerability scanning and reporting, as well as vendor security alerts for vulnerabilities and security issues. Work with the Operations and Infrastructure teams to create and deploy mitigation solutions based on best practices.
- Monitor SIEM tools and systems.
- Identify and investigate suspicious activity within the corporate and customer environments and work to remediate security issues as they occur.
- Work with the Operations and Infrastructure teams to help deploy/upgrade technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, web filtering, data loss prevention, malware analysis, application whitelisting, enterprise-wide security patching, anti-virus/malware, multi-factor authentication.
- Facilitate and manage documentation and follow-up tasks related to regular Security, Privacy, Risk, and Threat Assessment meetings.
What You Bring:
- Strong technical knowledge of enterprise security tools and concepts is required.
- Senior level networking background with deep knowledge of DNS and network routing protocols along with packet tracing activities is required.
- Technical proficiency with Windows, Linux, and Unix Operating Systems deployed in traditional and datacenter and hyper-scale cloud environments is required.
- Technical proficiency with Cisco, HP, Juniper networking and security products with hands on experience with Akamai, AlienVault USM, Alert Logic, AWS and Azure security cloud-related services preferable.
- Extensive experience with vulnerability, threat, and security incident management processes is preferable.
- Experience performing penetration testing and working within a designated Red or Blue Team is preferable.
- A degree/diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in a security position.
- One or more current information security-related certifications (or demonstrated work/project experience equivalent) such as: CompTIA Security+, SANS GIAC, ISC2 SSCP, ISC2 CISSP are preferable.
- Ability to work independently with minimal hand-holding.
- A passion for information security and a drive to succeed
What’s in it for YOU:
- An opportunity to grow with a reputable organization that is on track for hyper growth.
- Work with a knowledgeable, supportive, and empowering team of true cloud experts.
- Flexibility: at Carbon60, we strive to foster a workplace culture where the employee/employer relationship is mutually beneficial. You scratch our back, we scratch yours.
- Competitive compensation including generous employee benefits plus a health spending account, RRSP with company matching.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Apply for this position