Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth and as an exceptional service provider in hybrid IT solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
At Carbon60 Networks, we are committed to creating an environment that supports collaboration, initiative, growth and also encourages our people to have fun in the process. We trust our team to deliver their best for our customers and to each other.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring a Cyber Security Specialist. As a Cyber Security Specialist you are a flexible, results-oriented, and self-motivated specialist to proactively manage security activities to reduce the likelihood and impact of security incidents for Carbon60’s customers and internal systems. Reporting to the CISO, you will provide security monitoring, threat analysis, corporate workstation and server patching, security configuration and device hardening, as well as incident investigation and response. You thrive in a fast-paced, 24 by 7 environment where you can learn, grow and build your security career in the exciting cloud and managed services industry.
- Document and communicate security incidents, vulnerabilities to internal teams and customers.
- Setup and ongoing management and review of internal and external vulnerability scanning and reporting, as well as vendor security alerts for vulnerabilities and security issues. Work with the operations, engineering and infrastructure teams to create and deploy mitigation solutions based on best practices.
- Monitor SIEM tools and systems.
- Identify and investigate suspicious activity within the corporate and customer environments and work to remediate security issues as they occur.
- Work with the operations, engineering and infrastructure teams to help deploy/upgrade technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, web filtering, data loss prevention, malware analysis, application whitelisting, enterprise-wide security patching, anti-virus/malware, multi-factor authentication.
- Documentation support for policies and procedures related to SOC2 governance and reporting requirements, including working with external auditors on a regular basis.
- Facilitate and manage documentation and follow-up tasks related to regular Security, Privacy, Risk, and Threat Assessment meetings.
What you bring:
- Technical knowledge of enterprise security tools and concepts.
- Strong networking background with knowledge of DNS and network routing protocols.
- Technical proficiency with Windows, Linux, and Unix Operating Systems.
- Technical proficiency with Cisco, HP, Juniper networking and security products preferable.
- Experience with Akamai, Alert Logic, AWS and Azure security cloud-related services preferable.
- Knowledge of common application/infrastructure vulnerabilities and mitigation to protect against exploitation.
- A degree/diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- One or more, current information security related certifications such as: CompTIA Security+, SANS GIAC, ISC2 SSCP, ISC2 CISSP are preferable.
- Ability to work independently with minimal hand-holding
- A passion for information security and drive to succeed.
This opportunity is based out of our Richmond Hill, Ontario office.
Carbon60 welcomes and encourages applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position