Position: Director of Cloud Infrastructure
Reports to: CTO
Location: Saint John, NB, Richmond Hill, ON or Vancouver, BC
If you are looking for a chance to put your handprint on a business that IDC calls a “major player” and “on the rise, a firm to watch” then this opportunity is for you!
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth and as an exceptional service provider in hybrid IT solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it. We are excited to welcome candidates to apply to our Director of Infrastructure opportunity to complement our growing team.
As Director of Infrastructure, reporting directly to the CTO, you will manage a team of Cloud Infrastructure Architects to develop and deliver internal systems and client services to support our fast growing client base. You will work side by side with the Director of Software Development in a cross functional Office of the CTO Team. You will also be the escalation point from the Operations Team when needed and will be expected to step in as required, bringing leadership and consistency. You thrive in a fast-paced, 24 by 7 environment where you can learn, grow and build your career in an exciting industry.
Your focus includes, but not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and support for your team of Cloud Infrastructure Architects.
- Within the Office of the CTO, help to develop and mature technology standards to enable operations to deliver value to clients through our services.
- Act as a point of escalation to the Operations Team.
- Work as a team to evaluate and implement new technologies and applications
- Build organizational talent by creating a learning environment that ensures employees realize their highest potential.
- Participate in training sessions, understanding our products, services and clients with the goal to distill to all involved.
- Demonstrate the initiative for self-study and acquiring relevant certifications
What you bring:
- Previous experience in a senior technical leadership support role where you gained knowledge managing a diverse group of technical individuals while fostering unwavering adherence to the pursuit for excellent client experience.
- Ability to manage teams and complex projects including deliverables and reporting.
- Key elements of exceptional leadership are strong listening and communication skills, specifically maintaining professionalism at all times, and being able to articulate technical information at an appropriate level to the audience.
- You must be able to work collaboratively and in a team environment. Lone wolves won’t survive in our culture.
- Our culture is the foundation of our success. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, with a roll up your sleeves, get it done attitude. Your excitement to be part of something special brings energy and enthusiasm that engages people around you. Like the rest of the team, you are self-motivated and driven to succeed together.
Ideally you bring:
- Minimum of 10 years hands on IT Infrastructure/Operations experience.
- Minimum of 5 years team management experience.
- Strong understanding of technical solutions and how they are practiced in the Large Enterprise or as a Service Provider.
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud/Virtualization platforms, including VMware, VMware vRealize Suite, NSX, etc..
- Experience in network design, capacity planning and overall scalable architecture.
- Experience with the lifecycle for systems hardware, network and communications infrastructure.
- Experience with end-to-end systems infrastructure design, capacity planning and performance management to meet systems requirements while identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
- Technical leadership expertise on evaluation, selection, and implementation.
- Experience with Public Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Project Management designations or deep project experience.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux systems including architecture and design.
- Degree in Computer, Engineering or equivalent work experience
Carbon60 welcomes and encourages applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position