Position: Intermediate Accountant
Reports to: Financial Controller
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS and Azure) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the sixth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
The Intermediate Accountant is an integral member of the Finance team, working collaboratively with the Controller and Sr. Accountants to ensure all financial accountabilities are delivered on time and accurately. The ideal candidate brings a solid financial foundation with a developed competency in MS Excel. Reporting to the Controller, the successful individual will need minimal supervision and demonstrates the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who sees the potential to learn and grow with a fast-growing, dynamic IT company.
- Provide support for all requirements for accounts receivables and invoicing including collections and deposits
- Provide support for all requirements for accounts payable, including reconciliations
- Post and process journal entries to the general ledger accounts to track all business transactions
- Assist with preparing financial statements and reporting for month end, board reports and year end
- Assist with review of expenses, customer and vendor inquiries
- Maintain monthly account reconciliations
- Contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the financial operations of the company
- Assist with special projects as required by the Controller and CFO
Financial Team Support (10%)
- Bank Reconciliations
Billing and Orders (45%)
- Open, revise and close orders (accurate, timely and complete)
- Finance liaise for Implementation and decommission process
- Issue invoices to customers including distribution (email, other)
- Prepare invoice support for variable billing items
- Customer File and Contact Info Maintenance (including customer references)
- Process Credit Memos (after obtaining necessary approval)
- AR Aging and Overdue reporting (Target <10% AR overdue)
- AR Collections
- Revenue Reporting
- Field billing questions (billing mailbox) within 1 business day
- Enter Cash Receipts (daily)
- Cash Deposits
- Completion of month end checklist items
Payables and GL (45%)
- Finance liaise for expenditures process (inc. PO issuance & employee expense report approvals)
- Take all available economic discounts while optimizing DPO and payment term management
- Process payments and obtain signatory for payments
- Issue Stop payments and void cheques (requires VP Approval)
- Research supplier requests for payment (AP mailbox) within 1 business day
- Review uncashed cheques over 90 days (cancel if necessary)
- Maintain supplier master list (including supplier references)
- Manage expense reimbursement information and systems
- Process employee reimbursements
What You Bring:
- 2+ years of practical full-cycle accounting experience
- Advanced skillsets in Excel as well as experience utilizing/maintaining accounting systems (NetSuite experience is a plus)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and occasionally without formally defined structure
- Excellent communication and analysis of information are critical characteristics
- A degree in Business Administration and/or working towards CPA designation(s) are considered significant assets
- Industry knowledge would be a significant asset.
What’s in it for YOU:
- An opportunity to grow with a reputable organization that is on track for hyper growth.
- Work with a knowledgeable and supportive Finance team
- Flexibility: at Carbon60, we strive to foster a workplace culture where the employee/employer relationship is mutually beneficial. You scratch our back, we scratch yours.
- Competitive compensation including generous employee benefits plus a health spending account, RRSP with company matching.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position