Position: Patch Management Specialist
Reports to: VP, IS/IT Transformation
Location: Vancouver, Toronto, or Saint John
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS and Azure) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the sixth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As a result of recent growth, we are hiring a Patch Management Specialist (PMS). The PMS will lead operational activities associated with patch management of Windows and Linux based servers. In addition, assume a lead role in patch administration of enterprise Network, Firewall, and Load Balancers. Responsibilities include monthly planning, coordination, communication, and documentation. On an ongoing proactive basis, the PMS will inventory patch availability / discovery, evaluate patch applicability, and lead monthly patch deployment activities.
- Perform Patch management tasks including maintaining current knowledge of available patches, deciding appropriate patches for systems, network and network like infrastructure, ensuring patches are installed suitably, testing systems after installation, and documenting all associated procedures.
- Deliver modernized servicing plans that ensure endpoints are kept current on OS (Linux and Microsoft), Driver, Patch, and Firmware.
- Design, plan, and implement using patch automation tools.
- Deploy applications and software updates. Manage upgrades and monitor general health while providing expertise guidance on improvements.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user environments, including coordination with network, software, system engineers, project managers, and customers.
- Test new releases to ensure compatibility and minimize service impact.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors. Evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Analysis of internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading / patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- As a part of the Security & Compliance Team, ensure adherence to all security requirements.
- Specific emphasis on evidence gathering for compliance initiatives (PCI DSS, SOC II).
What You Bring:
- Patch Management & Patch Automation experience.
- Experience utilizing patch automation tools.
- Enterprise level Change Management experience.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining hardware in a managed service cloud environment.
- Mid-level admin skills in Windows Server Environment Active Directory and Group Policy experience.
- Mid-level admin skills on Red Hat, or CentOS Linux operating systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of network, server and cloud operations.
- Degree and a minimum of 7 years of related experience or 10 years of directly applicable experience.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with little or no assistance.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
What’s in it for YOU:
- An opportunity to grow with a reputable organization that is on track for hyper growth.
- Work with a knowledgeable, supportive, and empowering team of true cloud experts.
- Flexibility: at Carbon60, we strive to foster a workplace culture where the employee/employer relationship is mutually beneficial. You scratch our back, we scratch yours.
- Competitive compensation including generous employee benefits plus a health spending account, RRSP with company matching.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position