Position: Senior Software Developer
Reports to: Director, Engineering
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth and as an exceptional service provider in hybrid IT solutions. Our passion is delivering innovative and trusted solutions with personalized service to consistently delight our customers. Simply put, our talented team of people is our differentiator.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring a Senior Software Developer based out of our Vancouver office. As Sr. Software Developer you will write, test, maintain, and enhance software to power and automate large scale infrastructure projects, as well as work with clients and project managers to define the requirements and specifications of projects and create software architecture. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can learn, grow and build your career in an exciting industry.
Here’s how you will make an impact:
- Design, develop, and implement software based on user feedback.
- Reviewing and improving software development processes.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Managing scale and performance for medium to large-scale software projects.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Supervising and directing junior software developers on projects to which you are assigned.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience in application development.
- 3+ years of experience in Python or PHP scripting languages.
- 1+ years of experience with Continuous Integration tools and patterns.
- 1+ years of experience with Ansible or similar tool.
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Are energetic, passionate about your work & knowledgeable.
- Contribute to overall knowledge base and continually keep up with technological advancements.
- Participate in the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions.
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
- Understand project and development plans and are able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Speak geek but can also communicate to those who aren’t technical in nature.
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Appreciate a flex work environment, roof-top BBQs and working near Olympic Village.
What’s in it for YOU:
- Work with a knowledgeable and empowering team where people are inspired to do great work.
- Flexible work environment in a brand new dog-friendly office downtown Vancouver with close proximity to Skytrain.
- Competitive compensation including generous employee benefits plus a health spending account, RRSP with company matching.
- An opportunity to grow with a top-notch organization that is growing fast.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we scale our business.
Carbon60 is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position