Position: Sr. Cloud Architect
Location: Atlantic Region
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS and Azure) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the sixth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As a result of recent growth, we are hiring a Sr. Cloud Architect. As Senior Cloud Architect, you will help to research, architect, and deliver Hybrid Cloud services to support our fast growing client base. You will work in a cross functional Office of the CTO Team with like minded individuals driving continuous innovation and alignment in the services we deliver to our customers. You will also be the escalation point from the operations team when needed and will be expected to step in as required, bringing leadership and consistency. You thrive in a fast-paced, 24 by 7 environment where you can learn, grow and build your career in an exciting industry.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and support within the team of CTO architects.
- Within the Office of the CTO, help to develop and mature technology standards to enable operations to deliver value to clients through our services.
- Work as a team to evaluate and implement new technologies and applications with the goal of delivering these as new services.
- Become practice area leaders leading the company as the subject matter experts in various areas.
- Demonstrate the initiative for self-study and acquiring relevant certifications.
- Act as a point of escalation to the Operations team.
What You Bring:
- Previous experience in a senior technical role where you gained knowledge managing a diverse set of technical requirements while fostering unwavering adherence to the pursuit of excellent client experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team in complex projects including deliverables and reporting. Lone wolves won’t survive in our culture.
- Strong listening and communication skills, specifically maintaining professionalism at all times, and being able to articulate technical information at an appropriate level to the audience.
- Our culture is the foundation of our success. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, with a roll up your sleeves, get it done attitude. Your excitement to be part of something special brings energy and enthusiasm that engages people around you. Like the rest of the team, you are self-motivated and driven to succeed together.
Ideally You Bring:
- 7+ years hands on IT Infrastructure Architecture/Operations experience.
- Strong understanding of technical solutions and how they are practiced in the Large Enterprise or as a Service Provider.
- 7+ years of experience with Cloud/Virtualization platforms, including VMware, VMware vRealize Suite, NSX, Tanzu, VMC on AWS, etc..
- 5+ years experience with one or many Public Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- 5+ years experience with backup/DR platforms such as Veeam and Zerto.
- Relevant industry Cloud and infrastructure certifications such as VMware VCP, AWS Solutions Architect Professional, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, etc
- Network and security experience with systems from vendors such as Cisco, Fortigate, Juniper, F5, etc…
- Compute Experience with Dell MX7000 and Cisco UCS.
- Storage experience with Pure, HPE Nimble, VMware VSAN.
- Experience with end-to-end systems infrastructure design, capacity planning and performance management to meet systems requirements while identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
- Technical leadership expertise on evaluation, selection, and implementation.
- Project Management designations or deep project experience.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux systems including architecture and design.
- Degree in Computer, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
What’s in it for YOU:
- An opportunity to grow with a reputable organization that is on track for hyper growth.
- Work with a knowledgeable, supportive, and empowering team of true cloud experts.
- Flexibility: at Carbon60, we strive to foster a workplace culture where the employee/employer relationship is mutually beneficial. You scratch our back, we scratch yours.
- Competitive compensation including generous employee benefits plus a health spending account, RRSP with company matching.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position