Position: Sr. Service Transition Project Manager
Reports to: VP, Operations
Location: Ideally Toronto, ON but anywhere in Canada
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS and Azure) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the sixth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As Sr. Service Transition Project Manager, reporting directly to the VP Operations, you manage client implementations of our managed services. This could range from setting up a single VM to building out a complete cloud-based infrastructure. These builds could be within our own private cloud, or within public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and Google. You diligently apply your PMP skills in every new build to ensure internal teams are delivering based on your defined project plans. You are an effective communicator to ensure our clients are kept informed of any changes to the project timeline or scope. You thrive in a fast-paced, 24 by 7 environment where you can learn, grow and build your career in an exciting industry.
Here’s how you’ll make an impact:
- Project Managing the implementation of new orders, which includes but is not limited to:
- Scheduling internal and client kick-off calls to review the details of the order
- Working with Operations to form the Build-Team needed to complete the implementation
- Creating and maintaining detailed project plans (Client and internal facing) for each implementation to highlight major milestones as well as tracking all tasks (client or internal) required to complete the project
- Scheduling regular meetings with clients to keep them updated on the progress of their implementation
- Quickly escalating issues that are introduced during the project that could delay or otherwise alter the scope of the project.
- Completing checklists for each order once the project has been finalized
- Collecting all documentation for the new environment and posting it to the knowledgebase
- Scheduling hand-off to Operations
- Notifying Finance to commence bulling upon client sign-off or as per the instructions in the order.
- Adhere to, and provide continuous improvement recommendations for, the documented Service Transition process
- Participate in training sessions, understanding our products, services and clients
- Demonstrate the initiative for self-study and acquiring relevant certifications
What You Bring:
- Minimum 5 years experience project managing customer implementations for a Managed Services company
- Current PMP designation
- Previous experience with implementing client solutions in public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- You are passionate about the client experience. You demonstrate empathy and deliver a sense of urgency to meet or exceed client expectations
- You consistently look to streamline and improve the Service Transition process to improve the overall client experience
- You understand the need to support customers 24/7 and must be available for escalations from your clients.
- You demonstrate exceptional leadership, instilling confidence by listening intently, communicating clearly and responding quickly to changing and demanding circumstances.
- You must be able to work collaboratively and in a team environment. Lone wolves won’t survive in our culture.
- Our culture is the foundation of our success. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, with a roll up your sleeves, get it done attitude. Your excitement to be part of something special brings energy and enthusiasm that engages people around you. Like the rest of the team, you are self-motivated and driven to succeed together.
What’s in it for YOU:
- Work with a knowledgeable, supportive, and empowering team of true cloud experts.
- Flexibility: at Carbon60, we strive to foster a workplace culture where the employee/employer relationship is mutually beneficial. You scratch our back, we scratch yours.
- Competitive compensation including generous employee benefits plus a health spending account, RRSP with company matching
- An opportunity to grow with a reputable organization that is growing fast
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.Apply for this position