Position: Sr. Support Specialist
Reports to: Director, Operations
Location: Saint John, NB
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS and Azure) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the sixth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring a Sr. Support Specialist to support our enterprise-class Windows and Unix/Linux-based IT solutions in a dynamic managed services environment. The successful candidate will join a team dedicated to delivering mission-critical managed cloud solutions from multiple datacenters to public and private enterprises in Canada and globally.
- Ensure the availability, scalability, performance, and security of customer applications on company’s cloud computing infrastructure across multiple datacenters.
- Support Windows/Unix/Linux-based IT solutions supporting the company’s strategic vision, end-user requirements, client requirements, and wider best practices. You take charge to create solutions and address gaps with technical solutions. Lead role in establishing business and governance processes around them.
- Serve as a point of escalation for the Service Desk as required.
- Ensure that all client solutions are documented, and staff are appropriately trained in their ongoing maintenance.
- Perform solution delivery and troubleshooting activities.
- Participate in the ITSM and ISMS (Information Security Management Systems) governance processes established by the company.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing assigned objectives on time and by always looking to provide additional value to the company and its customers.
What you bring:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Support Specialist Work Experience, including:
- Skills in application release installation, patching, and troubleshooting on Windows and Linux based systems.
- Methods for collection of diagnostic information from logs, monitoring, user reports, and testing for incident management and problem resolution using 3rd party application support systems and knowledgebases.
- Strong knowledge of multi-tier clustered application environments.
- Information security response and best practices at the application and operating system layers.
- Strong understanding of networking technologies including enterprise grade firewalls, TCP/UDP Protocols, DNS, DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), SSL/TLS, VPN (Virtual Private Network), and Load Balancing concepts desirable.
- Design, build, and operate experience with tools such as Ansible and Terraform would be a good asset.
- Experience with multi-tier enterprise application suites (eg. Genesys, SAP, Oracle) or similar software would be a strong asset.
- Experience with deploying and managing solutions on public and private clouds.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure, or Google Cloud certifications are an asset.
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills are required.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills are required, you can find yourself working with executives, clients, and peers throughout the day.
- Must be able to Provide After-hours Support when required
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 welcomes and encourages applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Apply for this position