Position: Sr. System Administrator
Reports to: Director, Operations
Location: Saint John, NB, Richmond Hill, ON or Vancouver, BC
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth and as an exceptional service provider in hybrid IT solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in an environment where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent, and industry accolades prove it.
At Carbon60 Networks, we are committed to creating an environment that supports collaboration, initiative, growth and also encourages our people to have fun in the process. We trust our team to deliver their best for our customers and to each other.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring Senior System Administrator to help architect and implement enterprise-class Windows and Unix/Linux-based IT solutions in a dynamic managed services environment. The successful candidate will join a team dedicated to delivering mission-critical managed cloud solutions from multiple datacenters to public and private enterprises in Canada and globally.
- Ensure the availability, scalability, performance, and security of company’s cloud computing infrastructure across multiple datacenters.
- Design and implement Unix/Linux-based IT solutions supporting the company’s strategic vision, end-user requirements, and wider best practices.
- Serve as a point of escalation for the Service Desk as required.
- Ensure that all solutions are documented and staff are appropriately trained in their maintenance
- Perform solution delivery and troubleshooting activities
- Participate in the ITSM and ISMS governance processes established by the company.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing assigned objectives on time and by always looking to provide additional value to the company and its customers.
What you bring:
- Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- 5+ years of System Administration Work Experience, including:
- Virtualization Hypervisor expertise (VMware vSphere , Hyper-V)
- Linux system administration procedures, scripting languages, and tools; for example: systemd, iptables/ufw, bash, perl, ruby, linux containers/docker and automation tools an asset.
- Windows Active Directory / LDAP
- Web Server Management
- Anti-virus/malware tools such as McAfee/Kaspersky/CrowdStrike/Symantec
- Backup tools such as HP Data Protector/Veeam
- Storage and hardware Management
- Strong understanding of networking technologies including enterprise garde firewalls, TCP/UDP Protocols, DNS, DHCP, SSL/TLS, VPN, and Load Balancing concepts desirable.
- Working knowledge of Cisco or Juniper Switching
- Advanced routing knowledge is considered an asset (MPLS, BGP, IGMP)
- AWS and or Azure Certifications are an asset
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills are required
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills are required
- Must be able to Provide After-hours Support when required
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 welcomes and encourages applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position