Position: Technical Account Manager (TAM)
Reports to: VP, Operations
Location: Saint John, NB
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS and Azure) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the sixth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As a result of recent growth, we are hiring a Technical Account Manager (TAM). The TAM plays an integral role as a client advocate with particular focus on our complex and strategic clients. The TAM’s purpose is to own and facilitate the technical relationship between Carbon60 and the client to ensure an optimal and continuously improving client experience.
- As a client advocate, develop credible and trusted relationships with assigned clients.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the client’s needs, requirements and challenges including understanding of their technical environment and IT initiatives.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the client’s projects including implementations, change management, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings for project reviews, issue resolution and in-depth ticket reviews.
- Act as an escalation point for client requests.
- Build internal relationships across the organization conveying the client’s needs and building commitment on priorities.
- Provide a knowledge transfer to the Service Desk which includes documentation for newly implemented services
- Develop and manage project plans, identify potential obstacles and solutions, evaluate progress and anticipate client expectations.
- Act as an additional screen of quality assurance on the overall performance and delivery of services for the client.
- Demonstrate discipline towards ITIL practices, internal policies, procedures and reporting.
- Travel as needed.
What You Bring:
- Proficiency in MS Project and/or SmartSheet.
- PMP certification is an asset
- Post-secondary education in computer science or related field or equivalent working experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders from executives through to technical specialists.
- Passion for exceeding client expectations.
- Working technical knowledge of complex hosting and cloud architectures.
- Experience with O365 AWS; Azure; Google Cloud experience an asset.
- Must be flexible to accommodate after-hours requirements and urgent client issues.
- Exceptional organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Thrive in a fast paced, change-oriented environment.
What’s in it for YOU:
- An opportunity to grow with a reputable organization that is on track for hyper growth.
- Work with a knowledgeable, supportive, and empowering team of true cloud experts.
- Flexibility: at Carbon60, we strive to foster a workplace culture where the employee/employer relationship is mutually beneficial. You scratch our back, we scratch yours.
- Competitive compensation including generous employee benefits plus a health spending account, RRSP with company matching.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position