Established in 1999 and headquartered in Toronto, Carbon60 Networks specializes in end-to-end hosting solutions for public and private sector organizations in Canada with business-critical workloads. Our customers need a trusted partner that is flexible and responsive to their business requirements while consistently delivering exceptional levels of reliability, performance and security. With state-of-the-art cloud computing origins in Ontario and British Columbia, Carbon60’s managed hosting services are grounded on four pillars:
- An end-to-end approach to service delivery which embraces all layers of the hosting solution stack and backed-up by an industry-leading SLA based on actual end-user experience
- Application-level technical support services across the application development and delivery lifecycle according to industry-standard ITIL principles of IT service management
- An extremely robust multi-origin cloud computing platform with integrated edge routing, caching and security services
- Optimized platforms for the delivery of business-critical websites
Carbon60 Operates on Four Key Principles
- Exceed expectations – turn customers into champions!
- Great service companies continually recruit and nurture great people
- Clients want affordable, enterprise-class IT as a utility
- Clients want transparency, not black boxes
Why are we called Carbon60?
Our name is taken from the Carbon60 molecule. The recent discovery of this molecule, also known as a “Buckyball” and famously represented as a geodesic sphere with 60 nodes, was a scientific landmark opening up exciting new fields of research into carbon nano-structures with extraordinary strength and conductive properties.
Three remarkable properties of the Carbon60 molecule are its stability, flexibility, and efficiency. We believe these characteristics are equally important to the successful delivery of enterprise-class IT services. Due to its shape and the strength of the bonds between carbon atoms, the C60 molecule is the strongest and most stable molecule in the universe along with diamonds. However, unlike the densely packed carbon molecules of a diamond, a C60 molecule is flexible like a soccer ball. Finally, there is an efficiency to its shape which is analogous to the elegant architecture of geodesic domes popularized by Buckminster Fuller and from which the term “Buckyball” is derived.
At Carbon60 we believe an ultra-reliable service with the flexibility to remain agile to new business initiatives is what our customers need to be competitive in today’s competitive economic environment. By adopting Carbon60 as our corporate identity we hope to communicate this belief and help potential customers decide if we are the right partner to manage their business-critical applications and web-properties.