Position: Business Development Representative
Reports to: VP, Sales
Location: Toronto, ON
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS and Azure) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the sixth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring a Business Development Representative based out of our Toronto (Richmond Hill) office. The BDR will help our sales and marketing team to create new opportunities and to position Carbon60 as the leading cloud management provider in the Canadian market and beyond. This position will identify new sales opportunities that align to Carbon60’s value proposition, while collaborating with the sales and marketing teams to develop a pipeline of qualified opportunities to drive revenue from new customers and through channels and partners.
Is this the role for you?
This is a new role at Carbon60 – we are looking for innovative go-getters that will not only help accomplish the goals for this role, but help build a scalable effective BDR function for the company as we grow.
In the role, you will:
- Manage multiple client requests spanning multiple technologies
- Work campaigns through cold calling, emailing new prospects and existing customers, and leverage social media tools to assist in generating meetings and pipeline
- Generate 3-5 meetings per week
- Research and build a database of new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending emails, strategic calling)
- Represent Carbon60 at trade shows/conferences to further evangelize our brand
- Actively participate in developing new and innovative marketing campaigns to reach our target customers
- Proactively manage your accounts, activities, and reporting using Salesforce and other tools
- 1-2 years of experience in a sales environment (experience on the phone preferred)
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree an asset, or equivalent professional working experience
- A passion for technology and some knowledge of the cloud industry
- Comfortable conducting high level conversations with both existing customers & prospects
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively in an ever-changing environment
- Career driven self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Positive attitude and the ability to think outside the box
- Have a keen eye for identifying customer pain points
- Enjoy presenting in front of others
- Sales target oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Ability to travel on occasion
- CRM or Salesforce experience a plus
What’s in it for YOU:
- The opportunity to launch your sales career with a global company that is on track for hyper growth.
- Work with a knowledgeable, supportive, and empowering team of true cloud experts.
- Flexibility: at Carbon60, we strive to foster a workplace culture where the employee/employer relationship is mutually beneficial. You scratch our back, we scratch yours.
- Competitive compensation that includes generous employee benefits, a health spending account, and an RRSP plan with company matching.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability, and at times ambiguity, as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position