Position: Lead Cloud Engineer
Reports to: Director, Public Cloud Operations
Location: Vancouver, Toronto, or Saint John
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS and Azure) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the sixth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring a Lead Cloud Engineer to lead a team of Cloud Engineers that help architect, build and manage world-class public cloud-based solutions in a dynamic managed services environment. The successful candidate will join a team dedicated to delivering mission-critical managed cloud solutions, applying leadership and DevOps skills to lead our team in delivering customer success.
- You have technical chops and can run with the best of them, building complex self-healing, cloud architectures using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) best practices
- You’re also experienced in building and deploying complex CI/CD pipelines
- Establishing credibility and building impactful relationships with our customers is second nature to you
- You know how to lead teams, coaching and mentoring team members to be the best engineers
- Design and implement solutions supporting the company’s strategic vision, end-user requirements, client requirements, and wider best practices
- Ensure that all client solutions are well documented and staff are appropriately trained in their maintenance
- Serve as a point of escalation for the Service Desk as required
- Perform solution delivery and troubleshooting activities
- Participate in the ITSM and ISMS governance processes established by the company
- Develop skills and contributions through educational and personal growth opportunities
- Accomplish goals and objectives on time, always looking to provide additional value to the company and its customers.
What You Bring:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in Information technology, preference for infrastructure and platform services automation, and highly knowledgeable in core AWS services
- 2+ years of experience in leading and mentoring engineers, while having maintained hands-on experience in the technologies and methodologies your team orchestrated
- 2 years of experience with engineering and supporting containerization technology (Docker, Kubernetes, EKS/GKE)
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD tooling (eg: Git, Jenkins), frameworks (eg: Ansible, Chef) and best practices
- Strong knowledge of foundational elements of public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with scripting tools (eg: Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, etc) to automate routine operational tasks
- Proficiency in networking and network security
- Certification in public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a definite asset
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills are required
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills are required
- Must be able to provide after-hours Support as an escalation resource when required
- Successful candidate should hold some relevant recognized certifications, ideally AWS and others relevant to the candidate’s experience
What’s in it for YOU:
- An opportunity to grow with a reputable organization that is on track for hyper growth.
- Work with a knowledgeable, supportive, and empowering team of true cloud experts.
- Flexibility: at Carbon60, we strive to foster a workplace culture where the employee/employer relationship is mutually beneficial. You scratch our back, we scratch yours.
- Competitive compensation including generous employee benefits plus a health spending account, RRSP with company matching.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position