Position: Systems Administrator
Reports to: Director, Service Desk
Location: Richmond Hill, ON or Vancouver, BC
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth and as an exceptional service provider in hybrid IT solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in an environment where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent, and industry accolades prove it.
At Carbon60 Networks, we are committed to creating an environment that supports collaboration, initiative, growth and also encourages our people to have fun in the process. We trust our team to deliver their best for our customers and to each other.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring a System Administrator. As a System Administrator, you will be responsible for providing second level support for our diverse customer base. As a member of the Service Desk Team, this position requires an individual with a passion for customer service who possesses broad technical skills, including: Windows, Linux, Web, DNS, Databases, WordPress and Cloud Technologies. The successful candidate will join a team dedicated to delivering mission-critical managed cloud solutions from multiple datacenters to public and private enterprises in Canada and globally. You thrive in a fast-paced, 24 by 7 environment where you can learn, grow and build your career in an exciting industry.
- Manage multiple client requests spanning multiple technologies
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve causes of server performance problems through log analysis and performance monitoring
- Research, resolve, and respond to customer service requests in a timely manner and in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and SLAs
- Document solutions and provide guidance and mentoring to junior staff.
- Web Server Administration
- Database Administration
- Load Balancer Administration
- Windows & Linux Administration
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing assigned objectives on time and by always looking to provide additional value to the company and its customers.
- Must be able to Provide After-hours, on-call support
What you bring:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience/education
- Minimum 2+ years of Linux and Windows System Administrator Experience
- LAMP Stack and/or web server administration experience
- Web application scaling experience
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Self-starter mentality with a passion for learning and an ability to apply knowledge
- Website configuration directives such as: allow/deny access; enable .htaccess use; configure log locations; clustered hosting environments, redirects and setting up new websites
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and MySQL, including: user administration; SQL query basics; database and table creation
- Linux and Windows Sys Admin tasks including: user and group administration; directory ownership; IP administration; installing updates, IPTables/Windows Firewall administration
- Remote connectivity techniques, administration and troubleshooting including: Ping, tracert, telnet, SSH, RDP, sFTP, SCP, RSYNC, VPN
- DNS knowledge and administrative capability in Windows and Linux
Ideally you bring:
- AWS or Azure certification
- CDN Experience, such as Akamai
- CMS administrative knowledge, such as WordPress and Magento
- Virtualization experience
- Firewall administration
- SSL certificate and domain administration experience
- Working knowledge of current Hypervisor technologies.
This opportunity is based out of either our Richmond Hill, Ontario office or our Vancouver, BC office.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 welcomes and encourages applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position