Carbon60 provides a suite of globally distributed hosting services to ensure it delivers the highest possible levels of availability, performance, security for business-critical websites. These global services include: geographically diverse hosting origins in Canada; industry-leading Akamai edge caching, routing, and security services; and global monitoring services. The integration of these global services into Carbon60’s comprehensive hosting services stack is key to its end-to-end hosting solutions. However, some of Carbon60’s global services are standalone services and can be purchased independently to improve the delivery of websites and applications hosted at non-Carbon60 managed hosting origins.
Multi-Origin Cloud Hosting in Canada
Carbon60 has a “multi-origin” cloud hosting infrastructure which allows websites and applications to be hosted across geographically diverse regions in Canada. Leveraging SAN and application-based data replication technology in combination with advanced edge routing services allows Carbon60 to support advanced active/active and active/passive hosting solutions.
- Geographically diverse hosting origins in Canada (Ontario and British Columbia)
- Traffic routed intelligently between origins using Edge Routing Services
- Near real-time SAN and application-based data replication between origins
- Data replication via redundant private (MPLS and VPN) network links
- Active/active and active/passive options provide robust disaster recovery solutions
- Websites served from multiple locations in Canada simultaneously