Position: Technical Support Specialist, Tier 1
Reports to: Director, Service Desk
Location: Vancouver, BC
Carbon60 is 100% focused on helping companies securely manage their IT infrastructure in a cloud environment. We provide both private and public (AWS and Azure) solutions to companies across Canada, the US, and internationally.
Consistently recognized by the industry and analysts for our growth (we were recently named on the list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the sixth year in a row!), our leadership, and as an exceptional service provider in cloud solutions, we surprise our competitors and delight our customers with outstanding solutions that consistently deliver. We thrive in a fast-paced environment, where agility and innovation bring out the best in our people. Our solutions, caliber of talent and industry accolades prove it.
As a result of our recent growth, we are hiring a Technical Support Specialist, Tier 1. As a TSS, you are trusted by our clients to respond and resolve their issues quickly, effectively and with a high standard of service. You diligently apply your technical knowledge in Windows and Linux operating platforms, and networking connectivity technologies to research and resolve client issues in a timely manner. You thrive in a fast-paced, 24 by 7 environment where you can learn, grow and build your career in an exciting industry.
- As the first line of response for our clients, you will provide exceptional service and response times, trouble-shooting expertise and apply sound technical knowledge to resolve issues.
- You will research, collect and analyze data to understand root cause issues and work collaboratively with colleagues, engineers and cross-functional teams as necessary to find the best resolution and path of escalation for client issues.
- You will provide hands-on support to trouble shoot and provide preventative maintenance on servers, system back-ups and restores.
- You will support a 24 by 7 environment participating in shift rotation and on-call support schedule to ensure we are always ready and available to meet our clients’ needs.
- Continuous learning and development is important to stay abreast of changing technologies. Participating in training sessions, understanding our products, services and clients, and demonstrating the initiative for self-study and certifications are all essential to the success of this position.
What You Bring:
- Previous experience in a technical support role where you gained knowledge of using ticketing systems, and developed strong customer service skills and are seeking to apply a broader range of technical knowledge.
- You are passionate about service. You demonstrate empathy and deliver a sense of urgency to resolve customer issues.
- You understand the need to support customers 24/7 and must be willing to work on-call and shifts on rotation. Shifts are scheduled between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. On-call is required on weekends and evenings as per the schedule.
- Key elements of exceptional service are strong listening and communication skills, specifically maintaining professionalism at all times, and being able to articulate technical information at an appropriate level to the audience.
- You must be able to work collaboratively and in a team environment. Lone wolves won’t survive in our culture.
- Our culture is the foundation of our success. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, with a roll up your sleeves, get it done attitude. Your excitement to be part of something special brings energy and enthusiasm that engages people around you. Like the rest of the team, you are self-motivated and driven to succeed together.
Nice to haves:
- Six (6) months of Linux or Windows systems administration with hands-on experience
- Knowledge of internet networking connectivity technologies including firewalls, tcp, dns, ssl, and load balancing desirable
- An understanding of basic system administration tolls and procedures; for example: BASH, MySQL, MsSQL, IIS, Apache, and maintain system files (groups, hosts, aliases) is desirable
- System administration experience and PHP, WordPress, Magento, Drupal development experience highly desirable
- A graduate in a diploma program in computer networking/systems technican or related field of study
What’s in it for YOU:
- Work with a knowledgeable, supportive, and empowering team of true cloud experts.
- Flexibility: at Carbon60, we strive to foster a workplace culture where the employee/employer relationship is mutually beneficial. You scratch our back, we scratch yours.
- Competitive compensation including generous employee benefits plus a health spending account, RRSP with company matching.
- An opportunity to grow with a reputable organization that is growing fast.
As an employer Carbon60 recognizes the importance of balancing our careers with other aspects of our lives, and our culture reflects this ethos – from flexible work hours to health and wellness incentives and having fun along the way. We look for people who thrive in an environment of accountability and at times ambiguity as we adapt and grow our business.
Carbon60 is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity. Only candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.Apply for this position